So here’s the next step in the barn wall project. Yesterday, after bringing Diddley to the vet to have his errant testicle removed with the aid of a sedative and local anesthesia, we headed to the hardware store to pick up concrete. I hung out at the tail gate petting poor Diddley while Tom paid for the bags. We, of course, ran into Tom’s old boss there, and Diddley was hollering up quite a storm in the parking lot- quite a spectacle. But we managed to load up 12 bags and make it home without incident.
So today we had our supplies and were ready to go. Next step was to get the post ready.
(After lunch though we did load up our three dogs and drug them to the vet for their rabies shots.)
None! There was a scary moment though when Tom cut a baling twine and the whole roof moved. We hadn’t realized how much pressure that bailing twine was under holding the roof to the wall. The jack supported the weight though, so we were fine. So lesson to all, do not build a barn with baling twine! And if you have a barn with bailing twine, do not cut it until you know what it is holding.